In case two nights of WrestleMania 38 aren’t enough to settle the scores, WWE has announced the return of WrestleMania Backlash for 2022.
This year’s edition will be held in Providence, Rhode Island on May 8, 2022 as a follow up to April’s WrestleMania 38.
According to WWE.com:
“There’s plenty to be decided on the championship landscape before WrestleMania Backlash, as the WWE Title, Universal Title and Raw Women’s Title are all on the line this Saturday at WWE Elimination Chamber. Then a stupendous two-night WrestleMania in Dallas, Texas on April 2 and 3 will see Roman Reigns battle Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title, Ronda Rousey challenge Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Title and much more.”
WWE Backlash debuted as a pay-per-view offering in 1999 and occurred the month after WrestleMania until 2009, disappearing until 2016 saw Backlash return that year as a follow-up pay-per-view to SummerSlam. Since 2021 the event has been rebranded as specifically WrestleMania Backlash.
BREAKING: WrestleMania Backlash returns Sunday, May 8 to Providence, Rhode Island!
— WWE (@WWE) February 16, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite