In case two nights of WrestleMania 38 aren’t enough to settle the scores, WWE has announced the return of WrestleMania Backlash for 2022.
This year’s edition will be held in Providence, Rhode Island on May 8, 2022 as a follow up to April’s WrestleMania 38.
According to WWE.com:
“There’s plenty to be decided on the championship landscape before WrestleMania Backlash, as the WWE Title, Universal Title and Raw Women’s Title are all on the line this Saturday at WWE Elimination Chamber. Then a stupendous two-night WrestleMania in Dallas, Texas on April 2 and 3 will see Roman Reigns battle Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title, Ronda Rousey challenge Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Title and much more.”
WWE Backlash debuted as a pay-per-view offering in 1999 and occurred the month after WrestleMania until 2009, disappearing until 2016 saw Backlash return that year as a follow-up pay-per-view to Summer Slam. Since 2021 the event has been rebranded as specifically WrestleMania Backlash.
BREAKING: WrestleMania Backlash returns Sunday, May 8 to Providence, Rhode Island!
— WWE (@WWE) February 16, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours