Former WWE composer Jim Johnston has revealed that he previously approached AEW about potentially working on theme music for the promotions.
Johnston has worked on some of the most iconic WWE theme songs in history, crafting walkout music for the likes of Triple H and The Rock.
Speaking on Conversations with Conrad, Johnston noted that he’d be happy to write themes for AEW or WWE now, stating:
“I actually approached AEW at one point to write some themes for them, with no interest. Now the way I approached (it), it’s very possible the people in charge never got that memo.
“I’d be happy to write some themes for them. I’d be happy to write some themes for WWE, but I would never want to get as immersed as I was.”
Believing that there’s currently a problem with current wrestling themes, Johnston said:
“What does this music have to do with anything? We’ve gone from a time when you could be cooking in the kitchen, and the TV’s two rooms away, and you could tell who’s coming out to the ring.
“And now it’s noise to me. I don’t understand how did that transition happen where it seemed to just get down to the pure, noisy spectacle of it all, and we kind of lost that magic of, it’s all about character and storyline.”
Johnston was released from his WWE contract in 2017, after over 30 years with the company.
An AEW star previously asked Johnston to make his entrance music, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door