‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin is reportedly set to wrestle for the first time in 19 years at WrestleMania 38, with him expected to take on Kevin Owens at the stupendous event.
However, per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Austin isn’t the only big surprise set for the event, as WWE reportedly has another surprise planned that is said to be ‘Austin-Level’.
“There’s apparently one more surprise, besides Austin, still to come. It’s supposed to be Austin-level, and that’s a pretty small list of people that can be Austin-level. I mean The Rock, I think Dwayne’s got stuff going on, so it can’t be him. So who else do we have, Hogan, Flair and Undertaker right? Is there anyone else still alive that would qualify for that level?
“Cena’s got stuff going on. So Cena, of course that could always be a swerve too, but I was told he has got stuff going on, but I don’t see Cena being at the level of an Austin.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
It is also said that WWE plans on having Cody Rhodes feature in a major match at WrestleMania should he sign with the promotion, but it’s not known if he is the name in question.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)
- WWE Star Addresses Wrestling Future & Potential Retirement Plans
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- VIDEO: Watch Backstage Moments From WWE Night Of Champions 2023