A top WWE star has recalled how internet fans predicted that his career would be over after an in-ring loss and looked at where he is now.
Following his cash-in of the Money in the Bank briefcase on the November 7 episode of WWE Raw, Austin Theory failed to capture the United States Championship in a move that provided divisive for wrestling fans.
Whilst he would go on to win the United States Championship, starting his second reign, at Survivor Series WarGame on November 26, the death of his career had become a topic of conversation.
At the WWE Survivor Series WarGames post-event press conference, Triple H commented that:
“Unfortunately for him, his career was dead two weeks ago and now it’s resurrected so that’s a pretty good feat for him.”
Theory has now addressed the comments being made following his failed cash0in, saying to Sportskeeda:
“The internet will always talk. There was a time where I lost the Money in the Bank briefcase and ‘my career was over.’ Young, 25-year-old Austin Theory, it’s all over. Whatever.
“‘How is it working with Mr. McMahon? How is it working with Triple H? Is it better for you, is it worse?’ Man, it’s great.
“Working with Mr. McMahon, it was wild. It was expect the unexpected. I never knew what was going to happen.
“Triple H, I have a little bit more of knowing what’s going to happen, but the creativity side is great, I mean, from both sides.
“I was privileged and blessed to have that guidance from both of them.”
Triple H was the figure who scouted Austin Theory whilst he was still in Evolve, signing him to NXT.
Austin Theory is set to face John Cena for the United States Championship at WrestleMania 39 in April.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title