Austin Theory has opened up about the relationship he has with a WWE star since moving to the main roster.
The current United States Champion made his return to the main roster as part of the WWE Draft in 2021.
Speaking on WWE’s After the Bell with Corey Graves, Theory spoke about his move to the main roster and how that came about, saying:
“I would say it was around a year ago, or maybe two years ago, but I started doing the dark matches and then eventually got on the main roster, and then everything kind of took off
He would then go on to praise the Bloodline’s Jey Uso as someone who has looked out for him, saying:
“This past Monday, passing him in the hall, he’s like, ‘Good stuff out there.’
“[He’s] always keeping an eye and even if I don’t see him, I’ll always message him like, ‘What do you think?’ and he’s just a veteran of the game.
“He’s been there for a long, long time. So, it’s always good to have somebody like that to help.”
Austin Theory is set to defend his United States Championship against John Cena at WrestleMania 39 on April 1 & 2.
The Usos will take on Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship, as revealed on WWE Raw.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match