WWE confirmed during the Greatest Royal Rumble event (“in the beautiful city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia . . .”) two matches for upcoming American soil pay-per-view Backlash on May 6.
Following a double count out in the AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura WWE Championship match (a result which was not at all telegraphed by Michael Cole), it was revealed that the two rivals would square off for the third consecutive pay-per-view in little over a week’s time.
Seth Rollins’ successful defense of the Intercontinental Championship sets him up for a match against former champion The Miz at Backlash. It’s an odd bout, considering Rollins is on Raw and The Miz is not batting for Team Blue, though it is clear that WWE intends for Miz to break the record for most reigns (currently held by Chris Jericho) and cumulative days as champion (held by Pedro Morales).
Should Miz win, it is unclear whether he will have to return to Raw or whether the title will just move to SmackDown. If the latter, then expect the United States title to shift to a Raw guy to restore parity.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation
- Food Network Star Alton Brown Celebrates AEW ‘National Scissoring Day’