WWE confirmed during the Greatest Royal Rumble event (“in the beautiful city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia . . .”) two matches for upcoming American soil pay-per-view Backlash on May 6.
Following a double count out in the AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura WWE Championship match (a result which was not at all telegraphed by Michael Cole), it was revealed that the two rivals would square off for the third consecutive pay-per-view in little over a week’s time.
Seth Rollins’ successful defense of the Intercontinental Championship sets him up for a match against former champion The Miz at Backlash. It’s an odd bout, considering Rollins is on Raw and The Miz is not batting for Team Blue, though it is clear that WWE intends for Miz to break the record for most reigns (currently held by Chris Jericho) and cumulative days as champion (held by Pedro Morales).
Should Miz win, it is unclear whether he will have to return to Raw or whether the title will just move to SmackDown. If the latter, then expect the United States title to shift to a Raw guy to restore parity.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event