It was announced earlier this week that WWE Backstage would be returning for a one-hour special prior to SmackDown. However, after only a few days, plans have changed again. Instead, the show will not return and Talking Smack will air following the show.
As SmackDown will be airing on FS1 this week as a result of Game Three of the World Series between the Tamps Bay Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers taking their usual place on Fox. Fox Sports announced the Friday schedule where SmackDown will air at 8pm EST, followed by Talking Smack and a reairing of the night’s show.
Tonight, FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN shifts to FS1, followed by a special edition of TALKING SMACK.
?: 8:00 PM ET on @FS1 pic.twitter.com/jvRTME0Bbe
— FOX Sports PR (@FOXSportsPR) October 23, 2020
WWE Backstage was most remembered for the return of CM Punk. While he did not appear on every show, Punk’s return to WWE-related programming was the biggest thing to happen on the show. He appeared once a month while other episodes were hosted by Renee Young and Booker T. The show was canceled earlier this year.
This will be the final episode of SmackDown before Sunday’s Hell in a Cell pay per view. Only four matches have been announced for the show so it is possible WWE will look to add new matches to the show tonight.
Would you have liked to have seen the return of WWE Backstage? Let us know on Twitter!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed