Kurt Angle has reflected on his work as a WWE producer, stating that he doesn’t blame Vince McMahon for letting him go from the position.
Following his in-ring retirement after WrestleMania 35, Angle transitioned into the backstage role. Speaking on Talk Is Jericho, Angle explained that he enjoyed pitching ideas for matches, but would struggle with the computer system.
Understanding why he was released from his WWE contract in April 2020, Angle said:
“I took the job as a producer/agent. I did it for a year, I wasn’t very good at it. The thing is, I don’t like computers and you have to use a damn computer all the time. Vince is like, ‘Kurt, open up your computer.’ I don’t even know how to do this thing. I was good at giving the guys ideas for the matches but I wasn’t really a quality producer. So when the pandemic hit I was one of the first ones let go and I don’t blame Vince for that.”
Also in the interview, Angle commented on his final wrestling run, believing that WWE felt he was a liability in the ring.
Petey Williams is reportedly getting fast-tracked into the WWE producer system. Williams helped to put together the Bobby Lashley vs The Mysterios handicap match from this week’s episode of Raw. You can read more about the producers of Monday’s show here.
Quote via WrestlingInc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed