Former WWE star Johnny Stamboli has revealed that he recently was backstage for a recent episode of Monday Night Raw.
The March 27 edition of Raw was notably the brand’s go-home show before WrestleMania 39, emanating from the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
Speaking on Sportskeeda Wrestling’s UnSKripted, ex-WCW and WWE name Johnny Stamboli noted that he was at this taping.
Discussing his experience, he said:
“I was at RAW two weeks ago in Phoenix. I was backstage with Rey (Mysterio) and Shelton Benjamin.
“I met some of the new writers, and I saw Brock, and I saw a lot of people that were cruiserweights who are now booking agents and are now in gorilla position like Shane Helms. It was good to see everybody.”
After wrestling for WCW from 1999 to 2001, Stamboli joined WWE and competed for the company until his release in November 2004.
He then wrestled for the likes of TNA, AAA and AJPW. He most recently wrestled in 2014, against Shane Helms at an independent event.
A current NJPW star recently reunited with his former tag partner backstage at a WWE show, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups