WWE Backstage is the latest show to feel the wrath of the coronavirus. Fox released a statement regarding the suspension of their studio programs, which Backstage is one of.
The full statement is below:
This includes #WWEBackstage. We will be sure to update the @WWE Universe as soon as we know more https://t.co/1SubBK1KMe
— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) March 13, 2020
“Out of an abundance of caution, we have made the decision to suspend production of our live FS1 daily studio shows through at least Friday, March 20.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly.”
Next week’s episode had advertised the return of CM Punk to the program. Whether his appearance will be rescheduled or not is currently unknown. The program could return after March 20 if Fox sees fit but given the state of things everywhere else, it could be longer before the show comes back.
The next episodes of SmackDown and Raw are both reportedly scheduled to take place in the WWE Performance Centre. The move was made to limit interaction with large groups of fans. The status of WrestleMania is currently up in the air.
Were you going to watch WWE Backstage with CM Punk? Let us know on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed