WWE has called it a day on a recent rude tag team name having discovered that it’s shockingly similar to a naughty website.
The team of Sheamus and Drew McIntyre revealed their new name on the January 6 episode of WWE SmackDown.
In what would be a failed attempt to defeat The Usos for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship the team would become known as “The Banger Bros.”
Naturally, this was because Sheamus was having “banger after banger” in the ring and not an Attitude Era throwback.
Some noticed, however, that the name is very similar to what is known in the industry as an “adult entertainment website”.
This NSFW (not safe for work) outlet is now the reason that WWE have dropped the name.
In the current issue of Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Dave Meltzer stated:
“WWE has dropped the name The Banger Bros for Sheamus & McIntyre after finding out about the p*rno company called The Bang Bros.”
On January 7, Sheamus shared a poll asking what mode of transport the team now previously known as The Banger Bros should use.
Sheamus and McIntyre have a match coming up soon against Hit Row in the semi-final of the ongoing SmackDown Tag Team Championship tournament.
What mode of transport should the Banger Bros drive? 💥💨
— Sheamus (@WWESheamus) January 7, 2023
With 49,851 votes cast, the winner won by a landslide of 63.6% of the vote.
New team name, perhaps?
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?