An update on an injured WWE star has revealed that we are unlikely to see them in the ring “for quite some time”.
Robert (Bobby) Roode hasn’t wrestled since June 2022 and was last seen facing Omos at a WWE house show.
Roode had his C5 and C6 vertebrae fused in late 2022, with a post on Instagram confirming the news to his fans.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has now provided an update on the return of Roode, writing:
“For those asking about Bobby Roode, he’s been sidelined for a year, but didn’t get his fusion until late last year. He’s still expected to be out quite some time.”
Roode joined WWE in 2016, becoming NXT Champion on the black-and-gold brand before moving the main roster and teaming with Chad Gable and, before his injury, Dolph Ziggler.
During his time in WWE, he has also been the United States Champion, WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champion (with Ziggler) and two-time WWE Raw Tag Team Champion (with Gable and Ziggler).
There appeared to be promising signs a few months ago as Roode was featured in a World Cup-themed WWE photoshoot, but that was before he underwent the surgery.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?