An injured WWE star who was expected to be out of action for quite some time has provided a new surgery update.
With Bobby Roode having not wrestled since June 2022, it was previously reported:
“For those asking about Bobby Roode, he’s been sidelined for a year, but didn’t get his fusion until late last year. He’s still expected to be out quite some time.”
Roode had his C5 and C6 vertebrae fused in late 2022, with a post on Instagram confirming the news to his fans.
He has now provided a further update on Instagram, revealing:
“Another trip around the sun and another trip to Birmingham Alabama.
“Quite a way to celebrate my birthday lol. Had a C4/5 cervical fusion to go along with the C5/6 fusion back in November.
“Most importantly it was a success thanks to the man himself Dr Andy Cordover and the first-class staff here at @andrews_sports_medicine
“Big thank you @deneane__17 for being my rock throughout this entire process. It’s been a challenging year to say the least ❤️
“Road to recovery part 2! 💪”
Roode turned 46 years of age on May 11.
His last match in WWE was a house show match against Omos in Texas on June 25 2022.
Roode’s last televised match saw him compete in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal on the episode of SmackDown before WrestleMania 38.
Roode joined WWE in 2016, becoming NXT Champion on the black-and-gold brand before moving the main roster and teaming with Chad Gable and, before his injury, Dolph Ziggler.
During his time in WWE, he has also been the United States Champion, WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champion (with Ziggler).
He has also been a two-time WWE Raw Tag Team Champion (with Gable and Ziggler).
WrestleTalk wishes Bobby Roode well on his road to recovery.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn