The reports of a “hiring freeze” has led to questions about the future of some big names and free agents when it comes to joining WWE.
Whilst there has been no official confirmation of a “hiring freeze”, it’s a term that has, according to Fightful Select (subscription required). ” constantly emerged” in conversation with “several talent.”
Fightful were able to confirm that there was interest in Brian Cage and Nick Aldis and has provided details of the ongoing interest under the freeze.
According to Fightful Select, “Cage has some well-respected supporters pushing for him.”
Cage is currently working for Tony Khan without a contract as it expired at the end of March 2023, according to a recent report
Nick Aldis reportedly has Triple H in his corner, with the WWE’s Chief Content Officer “high” on the former NWA star.
Wade Barrett has also previously spoken about his hope that WWE would sign Aldis.
Aldis, however, has been “left out in the cold” following McMahon’s return and the unofficial freeze that has been put in place.
WWE recently lost the opportunity to sign Jay White, who would debut in AEW, with “communication” on the company’s side being “an issue”, according to the report from Fightful.
Fightful would go on to say that they have spoken to “numerous talent who say they’ve been contacted by WWE in 2023 although there have been no main roster hires publicly announced or reported.”
The recent departure of James Kimball, WWE Senior Vice President of Talent Operations & Strategy, was noted as a factor in the lack of contact between “a couple of” talent and WWE, but not in all cases.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- Update On AEW Collision Ticket Sales For CM Punk Return
- Free Agent With WWE Interest Makes Surprise Return