WWE has revealed the name and logo for the next NXT TakeOver show, which is currently scheduled to take place on Sunday, February 14 at the Capitol Wrestling Center.
WWE has now announced that the show will be called NXT Takeover: Vengeance Day, bringing back an old WWF/E pay-per-view name in the process.
Love is in the air — and vengeance isn't far behind…#NXTTakeOver: Vengeance Day is set for Sunday, Feb. 14 at 7 E/4 P on @WWENetwork! https://t.co/ATKFXByRbn
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) February 3, 2021
The following statement was uploaded to WWE.com this evening confirming the announcement:
Love is in the air — and vengeance isn’t far behind.
NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day will come your way on Valentine’s Day, Sunday, Feb. 14, at 7 E/4 P on the award-winning WWE Network.
A Triple Threat NXT Women’s Championship Match has already been announced as Io Shirai will battle Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm.
What else will the latest TakeOver event have in store?
WWE (then WWF) put on annual Vengeance pay-per-views from 2001 until 2006. The pay-per-view was renamed Vengeance: Night of Champions in 2007, and did not return until 2011.
As of right now, only one match has been announced for the show next weekend, with Io Shirai defending the NXT Women’s Championship against Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm. More are expected to be announced on tonight’s NXT.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Former WWE Star Reveals Reason Behind Leaving The Company
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return