A WWE Hall of Famer has reflected on a moment that overshadowed their main event match and is still remembered by WWE fans to this day.
Speaking on The Kurt Angle Show, Angle looked back on the moment in which Brock Lesnar almost broke his own neck, reflecting:
“Besides the actual finish, that match was pretty damn close to being one of the greatest matches of all time.
“I mean, besides the issue that Brock actually missed the Shooting Star Press and landed on his head, you know, almost broke his neck.”
Angle did, however, find a bright moment in the botch, saying:
“But, at the same time, that was such an incredible WrestleMania moment that people remember that forever.
“So that spot right there in WrestleMania 19 actually made the match better because people remember it.”
Lesnar would defeat Angle for the WWE Championship.
To date, Brock Lesnar has been the seven-time WWE Champion and has held the WWE Universal Championship three times.
Transcript from ewrestlingnews.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite