A returning WWE name has recalled nearly breaking their wrist whilst trying to escape from a rampaging Brock Lesnar.
Pat McAfee made his surprise return at the WWE Royal Rumble on January 28, returning to his commentary position to the joy of Michael Cole.
The pair would reunite again for The Pat McAfee Show where McAfee would recall a previous occasion where Lesnar went wild at ringside, saying:
“That was real close. How about when he was walking back towards us? What was that all about?
“I almost broke my hand the Friday before WrestleMania. Broke my wrist, almost.
“That was when Brock was beating the f*ck out of everybody with the chair.
“He was walking back, I heard the countdown in my ear, we still had another 25 seconds on live air and Brock was nowhere near stopping what he was doing.
“He had already hit 10 people with a chair, just killing people. He was walking back towards the commentary table.
“I’m like, ‘No, no no.’ We ran through the ring bell area, and a cord being pulled by a camera person, trips me through my shin.
“I go down, I catch myself on pavement. I get up, ‘Did I?’ [rolls his wrist]. Could you imagine actually f*cking with that guy?
“No way. He slammed those f*cking stairs like Bam Bam.”
McAfee was able to compete at WrestleMania 38, despite this near miss, taking on Austin Theory and Vince McMahon.
With Lesnar being eliminated from the Men’s Royal Rumble by Bobby Lashley, it appears that the two will clash further down the road, with Elimination Chamber being a likely opportunity according to recent reports.
Transcript from Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite