Multi-time WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair is currently out of action for “personal reasons” according to her husband Andrade El Idolo.
Flair and Andrade both took time away from WWE and AEW respectively back in May to get married, but Andrade returned to the ring in June while Flair still hasn’t returned yet, and we’re now in October.
According to Andrade himself in an interview with Mas Lucha, Flair “has time off due to personal reasons and she will specify them in future interviews”.
It does seem like a return could be coming pretty soon, as Flair recently appeared on FOX’s ‘WWE’s Most Extreme Moments Countdown’ show and said she has her sights set on Bianca Belair’s Raw Women’s Championship.
Belair defends the title at Extreme Rules on October 8 in a ladder match against Bayley.
Andrade, on the other hand, has made headlines in recent weeks and months due to apparent signs that he’s unhappy in AEW, which has actually been turned into a storyline ahead of his match against Pres10 Vance on this week’s Rampage where if Andrade loses, he has to leave AEW.
Andrade’s interview with Mas Lucha also caused a huge stir yesterday as a comment about a backstage incident involving Sammy Guevara led to a public bust-up between the two on Twitter.
Quote via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership