Fightful.com broke the news about there being several WWE/NXT performers who tested positive for COVID-19. Tonight, Sean Ross Sapp has posted a message from WWE with comments regarding the recent outbreak.
Here’s what WWE sent to Fightful:
“As part of ongoing testing protocols, WWE completed its second round of weekly COVID-19 testing on Tuesday. Individuals that tested positive will quarantine for 14 days, receive medical care, and then will only be cleared when they are symptom-free and test negative. Additionally, extensive contact tracing has taken place and other individuals have been placed in 14-day quarantine, and will then only be cleared after they test negative.”
PWInsider was also sent the same comment and have said this aligns with what their sources have told them WWE has asked them to do as a result of the outbreak.
PWInsider further reports that no one who worked the NXT TV tapings will be allowed to participate in Raw or SmackDown Tapings this week for fear of further spread.
Stay tuned for more on this story as it develops.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’