WWE released a video on their YouTube channel confirming that a standalone NXT Takeover event will be taking place on Saturday 1st June. The location of the event at this time is not known, but Triple H will confirm more details on Monday of next week via social media.
WWE released the following statement regarding the event:
The next installment of NXT’s critically acclaimed TakeOver series will take place Saturday, June 1. The event will stream live, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.
Since its inception in 2014, NXT TakeOver has etched an unbelievable legacy of incredible action, career-making performances and unforgettable moments, with each TakeOver seemingly topping the one before it.
Stay tuned to Triple H’s social media this Monday afternoon for more information on the huge event!
At last night’s set of NXT TV tapings, some of the matches for the upcoming Takeover were either hinted at or confirmed. After the Viking Raiders relinquished their tag team championships, it was revealed that a fatal four-way match between Undisputed Era, Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch, Street Profits and the Forgotten Sons will be taking place for the vacant titles. Undisputed Era attacked their opponents with ladders, this sparked rumours that a ladder match stipulation could be added.
It was also confirmed that a rematch from the NXT Takeover: New York will take place, with Johnny Gargano defending his newly won NXT title against Adam Cole, the man he had a five and a half star bout with at the last Takeover event.
As if that wasn’t enough, Raw’s Tyler Breeze confirmed himself as a full-time NXT roster member after a return to Full Sail. He confronted and dropped Velveteen Dream, so the pair could be on their way to a North American title match next month.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- Jon Moxley Unimpressed By Return Of CM Punk
- Tony Khan Praises WWE’s ‘Better Shows’ Under Triple H
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022
- Current Backstage Belief On Potential Bray Wyatt Return
- Potential Update On Likelihood Of Bray Wyatt Returning To WWE
- Does Warner Brothers Discovery Own 100+ WCW Themes?