WWE today has confirmed that former UFC and Bellator commentator Jimmy Smith will be replacing Adnan Virk as the lead play-by-play commentator for WWE Raw.
The news was initially reported earlier today, but WWE has now confirmed the news itself.
WWE confirmed the news in a statement on its official website this evening, writing:
STAMFORD, Conn., May 26, 2021 – WWE today announced that Jimmy Smith will debut as the play-by-play voice for Monday Night Raw starting this Monday, May 31 at 8/7c on USA Network.
Recently, Smith served as an analyst for NXT, where he hosted NXT TakeOver pre-show panels and worked on special projects for the black-and-gold brand. He is also the daily host of SiriusXM’s “Unlocking the Cage” and was the host of “American Ninja Warrior” on G4.
Smith will be joined at ringside for every Monday Night Raw by analysts Corey Graves and Byron Saxton
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Injury Update On Dante Martin After ROH Supercard Of Honor