Last week, Corey Graves confirmed on the After the Bell podcast that The British Bulldog will be entering the 2020 Hall of Fame. WWE has confirmed the latest inductee this morning.
Tokyo Sports first broke that NJPW legend Jushin Thunder Liger would be going into the 2020 Hall of Fame. WWE has now confirmed the report on Twitter.
BREAKING: @Liger_NJPW is the latest inductee in the @WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2020, as first reported by Tokyo Sports! #WWEHOF https://t.co/GuFzfPJbFU pic.twitter.com/HmNtPwsRWY
— WWE (@WWE) March 16, 2020
Liger made his professional wrestling debut in 1984 at the age of 20-years-old. He decided to hang up his boots earlier this year following an illustrious 36-year career.
Liger’s final match came on night two of NJPW’s WrestleKingdom show. Liger teamed with Naoki Sano as the duo were defeated by Hiromu Takahashi and Ryu Lee.
Liger has only wrestled one match for WWE. This came in August 2015 at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn where he defeated Tyler Breeze in singles competition.
For those who might have missed the news, Liger will join the nWo, Batista, The Bella Twins, JBL and the aforementioned British Bulldog into going into the Hall of Fame this year.
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023