During Thursday’s Investors call, WWE confirmed there will not be a 2K21 installment in the WWE video game series. This came after the news was leaked a few weeks ago by Justin Leeper.
I’m not a fan of bringing “bad news,” but it’s post-WrestleMania & I think fans deserve to know:
I’ve heard on good authority that WWE 2K21 has been cancelled.
However, another WWE branded game will enter the ring this year…https://t.co/zRhyz18ONI pic.twitter.com/ai10YXwy3z
— Justin Leeper だよ！ (@JustinLeeper_yo) April 11, 2020
As you can see from his announcement, there are plans to bring another WWE game to the market. This was not addressed during the call today.
One thing that is for sure is that WWE 2K20 was a major disappointment. Fans of the series were utterly frustrated by the step back in graphics, new control system, and overall lack of advancement from the game.
This will be the first time WWE has not had a game since 1997. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for more on the potential of other games from WWE this year.
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- D-Von Dudley Recalls The Usos Asking For Permission To Use The 3D
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- Former ROH Owner Cary Silkin Shares Honest Thoughts On Chris Jericho Title Win
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’