While the DX reunion on last night’s (October 10) edition of WWE Raw was entertaining, the absence of Billy Gunn was very noticeable.
However, a new report indicates that WWE at one point considered the possibility of bringing Gunn back in some capacity.
According to Fightful Select, WWE “at least threw around the idea of trying to get Billy Gunn” for the DX reunion on last night’s episode of WWE Raw.
However, it seems clear that plan didn’t get very far in the end, as the final line-up only included Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg, X Pac, and Triple H.
Gunn is currently enjoying a popular run in AEW, where he manages current AEW tag team champions the Acclaimed.
In this role, Gunn is affectionately known as “Daddy Ass,”; a reference to his “Mr Ass” persona during the Attitude Era of WWE.
The Acclaimed’s “Scissor Me Daddy Ass” shirt, which references Gunn’s current gimmick, is currently the top seller of 2022 on ShopAEW.com.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match