18 talents were released by WWE yesterday (November 4), but it sounds like that number could have been even bigger.
Names from both the main roster and NXT were let go, primarily made up of talents that weren’t currently being used in a prominent role.
In today’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer wrote:
Virtually all the veteran wrestlers that aren’t being used on either WWE or NXT television right now were discussed as potentially being cut over the past week.
It’s also been reported that a number of the released names were let go partly because of their refusal to get vaccinated, with Nia Jax having been identified as one of those.
Talents who were signed to NXT contracts will be free agents on December 4, while those who were under main roster contracts will be free agents on February 2.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown