Monday Night Raw has been a three hour show for nine years as of last month, and many fans believe that the quality of the show has declined since the transition.
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE considered making the same change to SmackDown, citing AEW Rampage’s impending debut as the reason.
“Rampage debuts August 13th, and when the idea came out. The old Vince McMahon would have put that third hour of SmackDown on FS1, because that was even talked about before. When the idea of Rampage, and this and this goes way, way back I mean over a year ago, the idea was always for it to be Friday at 10:00 PM from you know, over a year ago, who’s to know what WWE knew and didn’t know?”
The third hour of the show would take place on FS1, as WWE is not able to air three hours on Fox due to the channel requiring to show the nightly news at 10pm EST.
It is unknown if WWE will go ahead with the move or any other to oppose AEW Rampage when it debuts, but Vince McMahon himself recently noted that he doesn’t view AEW as competition, so there should be no need for any counterprogramming, right?
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- Paul Heyman Reveals Vince McMahon’s Involvement In Turning Roman Reigns Heel
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?