It has emerged that Shane McMahon wasn’t the only name in the hat to be the host of Raw Underground back when that was a thing.
The concept disappeared from WWE Raw after only a few weeks due to COVID-19 breakout concerns, but an NXT talent had been considered for the hosting role instead of Shane-O-Mac.
Fightful Select reports that WWE is high on NXT talent AJ Francis as a host and he was in consideration for the Raw Underground role at one point.
Francis will now be the host for the new memoribilia hunt show that WWE is doing in partnership with A&E.
Francis is a former football nose tackle in the NFL and signed with WWE in January 2020.
- WATCH Fight Break Out Between Fan And Wrestler Joe Black At Independent Show
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend