It has emerged that Shane McMahon wasn’t the only name in the hat to be the host of Raw Underground back when that was a thing.
The concept disappeared from WWE Raw after only a few weeks due to COVID-19 breakout concerns, but an NXT talent had been considered for the hosting role instead of Shane-O-Mac.
Fightful Select reports that WWE is high on NXT talent AJ Francis as a host and he was in consideration for the Raw Underground role at one point.
Francis will now be the host for the new memoribilia hunt show that WWE is doing in partnership with A&E.
Francis is a former football nose tackle in the NFL and signed with WWE in January 2020.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Big News About Future NXT Premium Live Events
- Kenny Omega Reacts To The Usos Being Voted PWI’s Top Tag Team
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline