It was reported late last year that STARDOM was interested in bringing back both Kairi Sane and Io Shirai. It is now believed that both Io and Kairi are set to be offered huge deals from the Japanese promotion.
While it was not reported that either was willing to leave WWE, it was noted that Shirai is currently unhappy living so far away from her fiancée, NJPW star EVIL.
Following on from this, Dave Meltzer noted on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is reportedly considering calling Shirai up to either Raw or SmackDown to stop her from leaving for STARDOM.
Meltzer noted that under her current NXT contract, Shirai is earning less than she was while working for STARDOM before signing for WWE.
“Io may be moved to the main roster real quick to keep that from happening because then her pay goes way up because her pay in NXT is nothing special. I heard she was making more money [with STARDOM].”
Io Shirai had a fantastic year in 2019 in NXT, and I think that WWE would be silly not to offer her a huge new deal and spot on either Raw or SmackDown to stop her from leaving for STARDOM.
For the latest on Io’s future with WWE, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed