Former NXT Champion Johnny Gargano has reportedly signed a short-term WWE contract extension, ahead of his deal expiring.
On Tuesday’s episode of NXT, Johnny Gargano was announced for the men’s War Games match on December 5. It had previously reported that Gargano’s WWE contract would expire on December 3.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), Gargano has agreed to a one-week extension of his initial contract. This means that his current deal now ends on December 10, instead of next Friday.
Adam Cole notably agreed to a similar extension earlier this year, wanting to finish his rivalry with Kyle O’Reilly at NXT TakeOver 36.
Fightful also noted that there have been ongoing contract talks between WWE and Gargano, with WWE speaking highly of the former NXT Champion, reportedly willing to extend his contract.
On this week’s NXT, Gargano and Pete Dunne – who signed a long-term WWE contract in September – challenged Carmelo Hayes for the North American Title. Hayes retained his gold, pinning Gargano after interference from Tony D’Angelo.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match