A long-time WWE creative name, associated with some notably segments involving Bray Wyatt, is no longer with the company.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Nick Manfredini left the company earlier this year.
Manfredini joined WWE in May 2010, after two years working on the Howard Stern Show.
The senior writer has worked on a number of important segments, and was ‘heavily influential’ in creating Bray Wyatt’s Firefly Fun House segments.
While it was clarified that Manfredini was gone well before Wyatt’s absence due to illness, it is currently unclear whether the departure was WWE’s or Manfredini’s decision.
There have been several notable backstage changes in recent months, with Vince McMahon rejoining the WWE board of directors in January, and then-CEO Stephanie McMahon announcing her WWE departure shortly after.
Other long-time names who have finished up with WWE this year include former Senior Vice President of Talent Operations & Strategy James Kimball, ex-Head of International Matthew Drew, and the previous Vice President of Communications Adam Hopkins.
We will continue to provide updates on the situation as they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39