WWE is set to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Monday Night Raw tonight (January 23).
Announced for the show initially was a ‘Bloodline Acknowledgement Ceremony’, that was set to feature ‘every generation’ of the Bloodline.
Last week, following SmackDown, WWE changed the segment, with it now set to be a ‘Trial of Sami Zayn’.
Various speculation has emerged about the change, from Vince McMahon changing plans, to The Rock pulling out of the planned ceremony.
However, per Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, WWE’s creative plans simply ‘fell through’ due to various Bloodline members being unable to attend the show.
“Regarding the questions on the changing of the Bloodline segment from an Acknowledgment ceremony with the family of Roman Reigns to the trial of Sami Zayn, rumors regarding this had to do with The Rock pulling out or Vince McMahon changing things are both false. Rock was never booked for the segment.
“The change was made because Afa & Sika & Rikishi were all not going to be able to be there. They were to be the key people but Afa & Sika were not ready for the trip and Rikishi got sick this week so the idea basically fell apart. Creative was changed with The Bloodline story on Friday to reflect the change in Raw, a what happened was not what was originally scripted to happen”
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts