A backstage WWE name has responded to criticism of match he was reportedly listed as a producer for at WrestleMania 39.
In the opening match of WrestleMania 39 Saturday, John Cena challenged for Austin Theory’s US Championship.
Theory was ultimately victorious, capitalising on a chaotic final few minutes of the bout.
Fightful previously reported that this match was produced by Adam Pearce, who also currently serves as an on-screen WWE authority figure.
A Twitter user recently shared a post about the match, stating that they’ll never forgive Pearce for ‘producing this match so poorly’.
Pearce has now responded to the fan, writing:
You don’t even know what that means. But it’s ok, I still thank you for watching our television programs! ❤️
This bout marked John Cena’s first match of 2023, meaning that the popular star has kept his streak of competing for WWE at least once a year annually since 2002 alive.
Prior to this, Cena had most recently stepped into the ring on the December 30, 2022 edition of SmackDown, teaming with Kevin Owens to defeat Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn.
Check out the full producer list for WrestleMania 39 Saturday right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations