WWE may have declared WWE Crown Jewel as the “most-viewed international PLE in company history”, but it hasn’t been viewed by one particular former WWE name.
Speaking on his Wrestling With Freddie podcast, former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr said:
“I say the following with pride; I did not watch a single minute of the Crown Jewel, and my life is so much better for it.”
His reasoning had nothing to do with the actual premium live event, but to do with the show itself, with Prinze Jr explaining:
“Even if it was great, I do not believe in it.
“I think it is a goofy pay-per-view.”
Prinze Jr previously expressed his dissatisfaction over the story leading up to the show’s main event between Roman Reigns and Logan Paul.
In an earlier episode of his podcast, he had explained that:
“Even though I like (Logan), he’s done well.
“But this is not good booking, this is just promotional booking to get YouTube fans to watch pro wrestling.”
WWE Crown Jewel may have been a success for WWE, but recently obtained numbers have revealed that it had the lowest numbers for a WWE pay-per-view ever, which isn’t massively significant in today’s landscape, but is an interesting note nonetheless.
Quote via Wrestling Inc
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Top WWE Star Dealing With ‘Really Bad’ Shoulder Injury
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- What The WGA Tentative Agreement Means For John Cena & The Rock In WWE
- Brandi Rhodes Reveals Major WWE Match She’d Come Out Of Retirement For
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023