A former WWE star has opened up about their time in the company and the one regret that they had during their run.
Formerly known as Danny Burch in WWE NXT, Martin Stone has recently spoken about his receiving offers from ROH and Impact Wrestling before deciding to sign with WWE.
He had two runs in the company, between 2011 and 2014 and then from 2015 to 2022, spending his time in NXT, teaming with Oney Lorcan and becoming NXT Tag Team Champion.
Burch would be released in January 2022 with Lorcan having been released in November 2021.
Speaking on the virtual signing for Ringside Collectibles, Stone would reflect on his time in WWE, revealing his one regret, saying:
“No (regrets about my time in WWE). Obviously, I would have loved to have gotten the chance to be on the main roster. But, you know, out of my hands.
“I had an absolute blast. I had so much fun there. So, yeah, my only regret is, you know, not getting a chance to be on the main roster but apart from that, it was an absolute blast mate. It was a real pleasure.”
He would also address his current medical status, following surgery that took place in 2022, saying:
“I first got injured on March 2021 which was the tag match against Finn Bálor and Karrion Kross. That was when I first separated my shoulder.
“Then I came back for the final NXT black and gold brand, the final taping for that and you know, I did that and then in training a few weeks later, I got my collarbone broken and then it got infected and just, you know, a whole host of problems and then obviously, 2022, I got released in January but I still had to have another surgery June of that year so, finally all done and dusted now so, good to be back. It’s really, really good to be back.”
In the interview, Stone would also express a desire to wrestle for New Japan Pro Wrestling, believing the company to the best in the business.
Stone joined WWE in 2011 wrestling as Danny Burch and would stay with the company until his release in April 2014, returning in July 2015 and the NXT brand, including working in NXT UK.
He would appear on TNA British Boot Camp in 2014 after his WWE release.
Transcript from Wrestling Headlines.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: Mandy Rose Spotted On Boat With Several NXT Stars
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed