Last night at the NXT UK TV Tapings, WWE debuted a new special gimmick match.
At the show, Kassius Ohno debuted Sid Scala in a “British Rounds” match. The match featured six rounds, each lasting three minutes,
Ohno ultimately won the match 1-0. Scala was about to get a pin in round six, but time unfortunately ran out.
This is the first time that this specific gimmick match has ever been used in WWE.
Many people have said that a rounds-based gimmick match would offer some much-needed variety in WWE. A similar match type was introduced in Impact Wrestling a few years ago.
There is currently no word on whether or not WWE intends on having this gimmicked match stay around, or if it was a one-time thing.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them