WWE had it’s presence felt all over last night’s Super Bowl, from The Rock opening the show as the People’s Champion, to a WrestleMania advert at half time, to Leonard Floyd wearing a custom WWE Championship.
WWE however didn’t escape the event without some criticism, as their social media admin tweeted out a clip during the halftime show that was later deleted.
The tweet featured a clip of John Cena performing ‘Basic Thuganomics’ with the caption “#SuperBowl #HalftimeShow has us feeling like…”.
The tweet received backlash from fans, who felt that it was insensitive, given the show featured performers like Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent and Kendrick Lamar.
Congratulations @RamsNFL on an incredible #SuperBowl victory!
Enjoy your custom @WWE Championship. pic.twitter.com/bhqyi0VYc8
— WWE (@WWE) February 14, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss