WWE has reportedly not granted former NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane permission to work a match at the STARDOM 10th-anniversary show next month, with a big singles bout being pitched.
Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE did not give Kairi Sane permission to work the show on March 3 at Budoken Hall, with STARDOM wanting Sane (formerly Kairi Hojo) to work a singles match on the show, but also pitched for her to work a Rumble match with some other legends:
Stardom announced the top matches for the biggest show in company history on 3/3 at Budokan Hall. It’s too bad they weren’t able to do it under normal conditions but you can say that about everything. Even though she asked, Kairi Hojo (Kairi Sane) was unable to get WWE permission to do the show. They had left it up to WWE. They wanted her in a big singles match but also offered WWE having her do a Rumble with legends.
Despite not appearing on a WWE show since July 2020, Kairi Sane is still under WWE contract and now works as a WWE ambassador in Japan. This means that WWE still has the right to deny Sane the right to work for other promotions, with STARDOM being one of those.
Sane is still under contract to WWE and works as a Japanese ambassador. There had been talk of her working for Stardom when she returned to Japan after getting married but she still has time on her deal
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?