A WWE Raw star was nearly sent to work in NXT before entering into a critically noteworthy and popular feud.
Dominik Mysterio’s feud with his father Rey Mysterio has seen the pair face each other at WrestleMania 39 with the animosity showing little sign of subsiding.
The WWE Hall of Famer has recently suggested a mask-versus-hair match as a potential way of bringing the feud to an end.
Plans could have worked out different, however, according to Dave Meltzer in the current Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), who writes:
“While there is no chance of this happening now, before the decision to start the Rey vs. Dominik program, there was serious thought given to sending Dominik to NXT.”
Meltzer wouldn’t reveal what the plans were if Dominik Mysterio had ended up there.
Judgment Day, of which Dominik Mysterio is a prominent component, recently attacked Bad Bunny on WWE Raw.
Bad Bunny is set to host WWE Backlash when it heads to Puerto Rico on May 6, with some expecting an in-ring return for the music star.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?