After last night’s Raw, the WWE Draft is now behind us and the backstage reaction to the two-night shuffle has now been revealed.
With call ups from WWE NXT, shifts between Raw and SmackDown and a number of stars falling into the “free agent” category, there’s plenty of intrigue as to what future stories will be.
There’s also the intrigue of how the WWE Draft went down behind the scenes, particularly among the roster who were last shuffled around en masse in October 2021.
According to WRKD Wrestling:
“… many backstage are very happy with the way the rosters shook out, with most wrestlers looking forward to the plans for the World Heavyweight Championship and SummerSlam.”
The new WWE World Heavyweight Championship was announced on the April 24 episode of Raw and had been in the works since WrestleMania 38 in 2022.
The new championship belt was revealed by Triple H with the first champion set to be crowned on May 27 at WWE Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia.
For a complete breakdown of who was drafted to where in the WWE Draft, WrestleTalk has a run down here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown