A recent report has suggested that a recently signed WWE star has a quite favorable NXT contract compared to other stars.
It had been previously revealed by Dragon Lee himself that he was leaving AAA to join WWE, with the announcement being made in-ring in December 2022.
It was also later revealed that Lee was on ‘high tier’ NXT money, setting him higher than usual NXT star but lower than the average WWE main roster contract.
Dragon Lee is set to debut at NXT Stand and Deliver on April 1, with Wes Lee’s North American Championship on the line.
Speaking about the upcoming debut, Dave Meltzer revealed some further details in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), writing:
“…while Dragon Lee having the much larger than usual NXT deal and clearly there to be the young Mexican superstar babyface on the main roster, probably is looked at as having the most potential down the line”
Meltzer had also previously reported that Dragon Lee is “banking on the idea of making it to the main roster in a year and making money.”
Lee made his first WWE appearance at NXT Roadblock, where he was seen in the crowd and later interviewed backstage by McKenzie Mitchell.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away
- VIDEO: First Look At Samoa Joe In Twisted Metal
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown