Here’s why former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre was pulled from this weekend’s house shows.
McIntyre most recently appeared on WWE TV on Friday’s (September 23) edition of SmackDown, brawling with Karrion Kross after challenging the star to a Strap Match at Extreme Rules on October 8.
The popular star notably didn’t wrestle during the next night’s house show in Stockton, California. In McIntyre’s place, Braun Strowman teamed with The New Day to face The Usos & Solo Sikoa in the Monster Among Men’s first WWE house show since his return.
Per PWInsider, McIntyre has been ill with bad food poisoning since before the SmackDown taping. McIntyre reportedly received IV treatment before the taping to help him get through his segment.
When the decision was made to pull McIntyre from the road, WWE chose to replace him with Braun Strowman.
McIntyre’s segment with Karrion Kross was actually botched, and mostly improvised by the two stars. The original plans for the segment have been revealed.
The Scottish Warrior last wrestled during the September 18 Oakland, California house show, teaming with The New Day against The Usos and Sami Zayn. His last TV match was against Solo Sikoa on the September 9 edition of SmackDown.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- Dominik Mysterio Loses Championship To WWE Main Roster Star
- CM Punk Appears At WWE NXT Deadline
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- WWE Trying Out Major New Camera Strategy
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand