WWE has given up on the trademark application process in regards to EC3. In a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo, WWE did not respond to a notice of initial refusal.
The notice was issued on July 24, 2019, and WWE did not respond in the six months that was given to them. WWE’s initial trademark application was filed on June 21, 2019.
“IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely, blogs, in the field of sports entertainment”
EC3 himself filed for the trademark in 2017, which went through in April of 2019. His trademark is why WWE’s claim was refused.
“IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Entertainment services in the nature of live visual and audio performances by an actor; Conducting fitness classes. FIRST USE: 20131020. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20131020”
He began being known as Ethan Carter III upon his debut in TNA Wrestling in 2013. Since debuting in NXT in 2018, he has simply been known as EC3. He has not competed in WWE since suffering a concussion in September 2019.
What do you want to see from EC3 at this point in his career? Let us know on Twitter!
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?