A WWE Hall of Famer has revealed the reason why they have remained loyal to the company for more than two decades.
Edge debuted in WWE in 1996 and would receive a developmental contract in 1997 and has remained loyal to the company ever since.
Speaking on Sportsnet 590 The Fan, The Rated R Superstar revealed the reasoning behind his decision, saying:
“There was an opportunity to (go elsewhere outside of WWE). Again, it’s where I’ve spent my entire career outside of the indies, right?
“So, this year will be my 25th year with the WWE since my television debut, and having been there so long and understanding how it works and understanding just the machine that it is, there’s something to be said for that.”
“There’s also something to be said for trying something new and exciting and a new set of faces and a new way of the way things work.”
Edge would go on to discuss his loyalty to WWE, concluding:
“I’ve always been a loyalist though in terms of that company. It’s what I grew up watching and it’s where I always wanted to get to.
“What it boils down to I guess is where I think I can have the most fun honestly. That’s where I’m at in life.
“It’s not like I’m grinding to get to WWE anymore so I’ve been there and I’ve done it and I’ve done everything and then some so, now it’s just a matter of what I enjoy the most and I think it’s there (he laughed).”
Edge is set to face The Demon Finn Balor at WrestleMania 39 this weekend and spoke about the “extra stupid ideas” he had for their Hell in a Cell Match.
During his time in WWE, he has so far been four-time WWE Champion, seven-time World Heavyweight Champion, five-time Intercontinental Champion, twelve-time World Tag Team Champion, two-time WWE Tag Team Champion and WCW United States Champion.
He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2012.
Transcript from Post Wrestling.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?
- Plan For Heel AEW Star To Become ‘One Of The Biggest Babyfaces’
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom