There are 10 matches already announced for the show and according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there will be no more added.
WWE typically bloats these cards, throwing two or three of them on the pre-show and making others very short in order to fit everything on.
However, following a long creative team meeting on July 10, the decision was made not to add anything else to the card.
That news will likely come as a disappointment to some on the roster who had been involved in programmes clearly building to a blow-off match.
That means the Shinsuke Nakamura v Finn Balor match for the IC Title that was set up on SmackDown will not happen just yet.
Nor will the WWE Women’s Tag Team Title (remember those?) match between The IIconics and The Kabuki Warriors, which has been in the works for months.
The current card for Extreme Rules (with at least one of these matches expected to go on the pre-show) is as follows:
- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans in a Winner Takes All Extreme Rules Mixed Tag Match for the WWE Universal and WWE Raw Women’s Title
- The Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre in a No Holds Barred match
- Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe for the WWE Title
- Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross in a Handicap Match for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Title
- Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese for the WWE Cruiserweight Title
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. New Day vs. Heavy Machinery for the WWE SmackDown Tag Title
- Ricochet vs. AJ Styles for the WWE US Title
- Aleister Black vs. Cesaro
- Braun Strowman vs. Lashley in a Last Man Standing Match
- The Revival vs. The Usos for the WWE Raw Tag Team Titles