A new report has revealed that WWE is “certainly the favorite” to sign a top free agent.
At NJPW Battle In The Valley, former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White lost to Eddie Kingston in a Loser Leaves NJPW match.
With this loss along with his Loser Leaves Japan loss to Hikuleo last weekend, Switchblade is left with no options but to finally end his run with New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Reports since the announcement of his Loser Leaves Japan bout have stated that White would likely sign with WWE or AEW with his NJPW contract expiring soon.
According to Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, WWE is “certainly the favorite” to sign the Bullet Club leader. Meltzer wrote:
“Nobody in WWE has confirmed Jay White coming in, but they are certainly the favorite. One would think if White was going to AEW, he’d be able to work big shows with New Japan and would continue to do so, but they wouldn’t do the loser leaves for good stipulation.”
As previously reported, Jay White took to Twitter earlier today to make his first social media post following his loss at Battle In The Valley.
We will have further updates and breaking news in regards to Jay White’s status when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?