WWE has filed for an interesting new trademark that could be taken to indicate several different intriguing possibilities!
WWE has filed for a trademark for the term WWE KING AND QUEEN OF THE RING with the United States Patents and Trademark Office.
According to the filing, the intended purpose of the term spells a big clue as to what it might be referencing.
With the filing reading:
“Mark For: WWE KING AND QUEEN OF THE RING™ trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of entertainment services, namely, a show about professional wrestling; entertainment services, namely, the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information.”
While the King of the Ring and Queen’s Crown tournaments have been held previously under the banner of another show, there have been recent reports that Triple H was looking at bringing back the event, housed under its own separate premium live event.
It appears this new trademark may suggest both the King and Queen of the Ring tournaments could take place on the same one-night standalone show.
You can keep track of all 2022 WWE trademark filings at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2