According to the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), WWE has filed for a new trademark.
On May 12, WWE applied to trademark the term ‘BLOODY BRUTES’. WWE intends to use the term, seemingly a new team name, under the category of ‘entertainment services, namely wrestling exhibitions’ per the USPTO report.
The following description accompanied the filing:
Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by professional wrestlers and entertainers rendered and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment
It is currently unclear specifically how WWE plans to use this name, or who it will be for.
The filing seems bizarre with modern WWE strictly against the intentional use of blood on-screen, with few exceptions. Former WWE Champion Bryan Danielson notably told Vince McMahon that he was leaving the company because he wanted to be able to bleed.
WWE also infamously criticised AEW for ‘gory self-mutilation’ earlier this year, in reference to the women’s tag team Street Fight on the New Year’s Eve edition of Rampage.
It has been theorised that the group of Sheamus, Ridge Holland and Butch could be referred to as the ‘Bloody Brutes’ moving forward, with ‘bloody’ being a slang term used in the UK. Tea and crumpets.
Stay up to date with every WWE trademark filing of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW