WWE has filed a trademark in relation to the NIL program.
The WWE NIL program has been one of the company’s focus in recruiting college athletes to become future stars.
It seems that there are plans to further expand the program if fans read into a new trademark filed.
On September 28, the promotion filed to trademark “WWE Campus Rush” for organizing and conducting a program to enhance the use of student athletes’ names, images and likenesses (NILs).
The full description for the trademark reads:
Mark For: WWE CAMPUS RUSH trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of organizing and conducting a program to enhance the use of student athletes’ names, images, and likenesses (NILs); organizing and conducting collaborative partnerships with student athletes for brand building, training, development, education, communications, promotion, and community relations services; entertainment services, namely, organizing and conducting an array of sports entertainment events rendered live and recorded for the purpose of distribution; organizing and arranging of exhibitions and events for sports and entertainment purposes; entertainment services, namely, provision of information and news about sports, entertainment and general interest rendered live and through broadcast media including television and via the internet or commercial online service; providing information in the fields of sports, entertainment and general interest via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports, entertainment and general interest.
WWE’s Next In Line program standout Gable Steveson hasn’t quite progressed as many within the company hoped he would.
Stay up to date with WWE’s trademark filings for 2022 at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- Major Former WWE Star Rules Out Joining AEW
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major AEW Star Wanted Match With CM Punk
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- CM Punk Gets Glowing Review From Former Boss