WWE has filed a trademark on a NXT star’s real name.
As previously reported, WWE recently filed trademarks on several NXT talent’s in-ring names. However, one name was a little more interesting.
The company filed a trademark for “Bailey Matthews”, which is the real name for NXT UK star Charlie Dempsey.
This seems to indicate that WWE will start referring to Matthews by his birth name instead of the name given to him after his NXT UK debut.
Matthews recently appeared on the NXT brand in a match against Andre Chase on the August 30 episode.
Bailey Matthews is the son of AEW star William Regal.
Stay up to date with all the trademark filings for WWE in 2022 at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show